Would you like to visit the museum during the weekend? Reservations are required.
Tip: Visit the museum in the off-peak hours on weekdays between 12 am and 1.30 pm
Red Star Line Museum
tel. +32 3 298 27 70
- Tuesday - Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Easter Monday and Whit Monday
Closed on Mondays, January 1, May 1, Assumption, November 1 and December 25.
In order to ensure an optimal experience, no more than 90 visitors are allowed in the museum per 30 minutes. When making a reservation you will be asked to select a time frame.
- Adults (26 - 65 years)
- Senior citizens (+65 years)
- Groups of 12 or more visitors. The group reduction cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Annual ticket holders: membership to the Davidsfonds
- Young people (12 to 26 years)
- Children (-12 years)
- School groups with escort
- City guides
- Attendants of people with a handicap
- Annual ticket holders: Antwerp City Card, ICOM, Friends of Antwerp Museums, teacher ID issued by Klasse, A card Omnio, Antwerp residents with an A card, press ID card
- Last Wednesday of the month
- Combination ticket Red Star Line Museum, Museum Plantin-Moretus, Museum Eugeen Van Mieghem (valid from 28 September 2013 to 5 January 2014)
Tickets also available at the information desk of Antwerp Tourism & Congress, Grote Markt 13, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium.
Desk open from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 17:45 pm, Sundays and holidays from 9 am to 16:45 pm.
- Groups with or without a guide: reservations required.
- Individual visitors: reservations recommended. The Red Star Line Museum can only accommodate a limited number of visitors simultaneously.
- Group visits cannot be planned and tickets cannot be reserved in advance for the last Wednesday of the month (free entry).
- The Red Star Line Museum is completely accessible for people with limited mobility.
- Guide dogs are allowed in the museum.
- The exhibition texts are available in digital format for people with a visual handicap. Just ask us and we will provide the texts. Please send an mail at least 24 hours in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Red Star Line Museum is located in a part of the city that is undergoing development. This might influence traffic circulation and public transportation near the museum. We will inform you of changing traffic situations as quickly as possible via the website. Please travel to the museum via public transportation or by bike.
Come by bike
There is a bike stand in front of the museum and on the corner of the Rijnkaai and the Montevideostraat.
Use a Vélo
The closest Vélo station is in the Amsterdamstraat. More information on www.velo-antwerpen.be.
Come by tram
Tram 7 (from Mortsel via Nationale Bank to Sint-Pietersvliet) get off at terminus Sint-Pietersvliet. (walk 1 km)
Take the bus
Bus 17 (from Wilrijk via Central Station to Rijnkaai), get off at terminus Rijnkaai. (walk 400 m)
Come by car
Waagnatie car park or park near the museum.
Use the hop-on hop-off bus
You can board at Astridplein (or many other places) and get off at the entrance to the Red Star Line Museum.
Come by coach
Coaches can use the bus stops on the Rijnkaai near the museum as a temporary halt. The coach parking lot is located at Kaai 19 (Plantinkaai).